Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yorkie hair care, best products and place to buy (online)?

I am looking for a better product to help with tangles and brushing. What products do you use/like? Do you know any good places to look around online for such things?



My yorkie has ideal silky coat and I am using a a professional shampoo, conditioner and detangler but it's just not doing the trick as well as I think it should.



I wash and condition once to twice a week depending on how dirty/ tangly she gets. I comb her out using the detangling spray once to twice a day and re-do her top knot every morning. I think my grooming schedule is good so I am assuming it's the products that are preventing her from having the tangle free coat she deserves, but if you think it may be the schedule let me know what might work better.



Yorkie hair care, best products and place to buy (online)?

I think the detangler is your problem. It's actually not good to keep applying that stuff, I only use it BEFORE a bath to get the knots out. Leaving it in her hair is just creating extra 'stuff' that binds the hair together. In the future, use it to brush her out before baths, and after baths try to avoid using anything.



I suggest a wire slicker brush and fine tooth metal comb for Yorkies, if you don't use those already.



It sounds like you're doing a good job, so I agree that your product use is probably the culprit and not your schedule.



Yorkie hair care, best products and place to buy (online)?

My Yorkie is 7 months now.



I bath her every weekend. I wash her with buddy wash, finish with Buddy Rinse and Pantene Conditioner. Then Blow dry her hair afterward.



During the week, I brush her hair all most every day after dinner. If there isn't any matted hair. I spray her with Buddy Splash and brush her hair. If there is matted hair. I apply some CowBoy Magic detangle and shine, rub her matted hair for few second. Then brush her hair.



You can buy Buddy wash, Buddy rinse, Buddy Splash and CowBoy magic detangle and Shine from Amazon.com.



Her hair is always shine and silky now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan