Sunday, June 20, 2010

How do I get my temples to grow? (And more question about afro hair)?

1) My temples will not grow. I stopped braiding them. They won't grow. I stopped relaxing them. They won't grow! I look bald!



2) When you relax your hair, do you relax all the hair or just new growth?



3) How can you safely learn to relax your own hair?



4) What is a good flat iron that will straighten kinky roots and last long? Or a hot comb that is safe to use on your own?



How do I get my temples to grow? (And more question about afro hair)?

ive heard that carrot oil is good for strengthening your hair and encouraging growth. there is also regro, for african american women



relaxers are not good for your hair. yes, you are only supposed to relax the new growth, but relaxers thin and eventually break your hair.



as for the flat iron, i have no clue. i keep being told that any heat on your hair thins it and breaks it...we just cant win. i guess its best to be under a beautician, who can look out for the well-being of your hair. If you got under a good beautician, your hair would be healthy and it would grow like you would not believe. its just a matter of being able to afford going to a beautician once or twice a week. you should look for a ceramic flat iron that doesnt get too hot, so as not to burn your hair...maybe one that has a set temperature, and doesnt go beyond that. also, if you cant afford a beautician, maybe you can just talk to one and get some advice. good luck.



i just recently quit relaxing my hair, and im using carrot oil, and it seems to be working a bit. i do use heat on my hair, but a very minimal amount.



How do I get my temples to grow? (And more question about afro hair)?

Chi's are the best straightners there jsut really expensive but if your looking for something cheaper go with Revlon



How do I get my temples to grow? (And more question about afro hair)?

I think your sides/temples are bald due to damage from relaxing, straightening, braiding, hot combing and flat ironing.. You've stated that you don't do any of those things to your temples anymore, but reversing the damage you've done in the past takes some time. It does not go away after not relaxing or frying it for a few months.



Your hair needs some tender loving care, freedom from heat and a vacation from the chemicals (all over - not just the temples)



What's the condition of the rest of your hair???



How do I get my temples to grow? (And more question about afro hair)?

1) have you tried "fertilizing temple balm" or "fertilizing serum" by Organic root stimulator? Go to a beauty supply store and ask about what they have to treat hair loss. They have a lot of products on the market. You need to hurry and act now because hair loss doesnt get better with time.



2) when you relax your hair just relax the new growth. If you relax everything it could cause breakage or damage your hair. You should ask a stylist to be sure. It might be ok to just start with the new growth, leave it for a while, then apply to the rest of the hair and leave it for 2 or 3 minutes.



3) You could ask a stylist or get a book on the subject. the link below has some books on black hair.



4)a ceramic iron is better than a hot comb on relaxed hair. The Chi iron is supposed to be the best. You could get it ( or a cheaper ceramic iron) at a beauty supply



How do I get my temples to grow? (And more question about afro hair)?

1) Start messaging your scalp. hairline and temple areas with a hair dressing that contains natural herbs, vitaimns and minerals. I suggest you use African Pride. Do this at least two times a week.



2) When it's a virgin perm I do the whole head, when it's touch up time, just do the roots or the new growth only.



3) I always done my own hair. Just remember, don't apply ther relaxer to scalp,, don't scratch your scalp prior to relaxing and follow the instructions to a T.



4. I try not to use heated appliance to my hair. If you do buy a hot comb so you can get to the roots and hair line area better. I bought my hot comb from Sallys Beauty Supply. With the wide spaces between the teeth.



How do I get my temples to grow? (And more question about afro hair)?

In order for your temples to grow back, you are going to have to stop relaxing it. Stop putting tension on it by flat ironing it. You are literally burning and pulling the hair out of your head. Stop trying to conform and love your natural nappy self!!!Remove the kinks from your brain not your hair!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan