Friday, November 27, 2009

Men who wear wigs regularly: What's better: Wear them head shaved off or with hair underneath?

If you're not a man who regularly wears a wig (NOT A HAIRPIECE) , PLS DON'T ANSWER THIS.



People against men wearing wigs save your breath, I'm not interested in your opinion.



My head looks awful shaved off, not everybody looks good with their head shaved off. Also, I've tried several hairpieces at professional hair care places and I don't look good at all in them. EVEN IF PEOPLE NOTICES I'M WEARING A WIG, it looks much, much better and aesthetic than my head shaved off, a comb-over or a hairpiece, so I've made up my mind on wearing a wig OK?



I'm in my early 30s, going bald. I already purchased a couple of wigs, they look great on me (I look like a college freshman, in my early twenties, the wigs look very natural on me). Currently I wear the wigs over my short-cut hair, which makes the wig fit a bit higher than it should, and it also feels uncomfortable.



I fear if I shave my head off, the wig lace may show; with hair underneath, it's difficult to see it.



Thanks in advance!



Men who wear wigs regularly: What's better: Wear them head shaved off or with hair underneath?

Good for you! I just went today and bought my second wig due to hair loss from chemo. I still have a little hair left... not much but I was told not to shave my head since this would make it itchy... it would be better to leave what hair i have about 1/2 to 1" long. I wear my wig everyday and i do not use any glue or tape however; i do wear a net that i got in the wig shop, this seems to make it much more comfortable... if you get one don't get the one that looks like a panty hose... they make your head itch and sweat get the one that looks like fish net hose... fit better and lets your hair breathe.



I'm not sure if there are diff requirements for men however; I don't find that i have any problems with them slipping or feeling like they are falling off. If you have a good quality wig there should be some adj slides on each side... once again this is for women just assuming that men would also have the same.



Good luck... also, i find that I feel like everyone is looking at my wig.. but really this is all in my head... hardly anyone knows that i have one on!



Men who wear wigs regularly: What's better: Wear them head shaved off or with hair underneath?

THANX!THESE ARE GREAT AND CONSIDERANT ANSWERS! Report It



Men who wear wigs regularly: What's better: Wear them head shaved off or with hair underneath?

I know Im not a guy and I dont wear wigs but I think maybe you should have some hair under it so It helps keep the wig from falling off.



good luck



Men who wear wigs regularly: What's better: Wear them head shaved off or with hair underneath?

That's a great idea. I may look into that. Where do shop for a wig for men?



Men who wear wigs regularly: What's better: Wear them head shaved off or with hair underneath?

Hello! I'm not a man, but I can offer an opinion. You mentioned the wig lace. I too had some hair underneath a wig %26amp; yes the lace was difficult to see.



But - I shaved all off about a month ago. You can adjust the color of the lace pretty easily %26amp; inexpensively. This only needs to be done if it doesn't match. You might be pleasantly surprised!



You will find the wig will fit better (if not bigger as mine did, but I had ALOT of hair). And you'll get a better application with adhesives/tapes.



In my humble opinion, shave underneath. If you have no intention on showing your "underside" then crop off some more hair a little %26amp; see if you like the fit. If so, then buzz all the way down. Also by cropping a bit more down, you'll be able to really see whether the lace is noticeable or not. Most ppl have no idea. Ask someone around you to take a look. (If no one around knows, I can volunteer! Snap a photo, if you can't see it, neither can they)



I'd also like to suggest that you might like to contact the ppl at www.immaculatewigs.com - it's not a plug or anything, they are just really good at answering questions and helping you out a lot. They're a newer company so the owner still talks to ppl. They have female wigs all over the site but they can help guys too...



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan