Friday, November 27, 2009

I tried asking this question on the Hair section but yall don't go there and I need help from b

I'm growing out my relaxer..those things can suck the life out of you!!



I have about 3-4 months growth and I'm kinda starting the "What the heck am I doing?" phase!



Since I have two textures on my head now (the natural and relaxed) it's a full blast battle to manage it!



It's puffy, impossible to comb, dry and just what you call " a hot A...mess"! Too afraid to chop it all off too.



Any ideas, advice, encouragement,heeeelp????



My natural hair is what I call "soft kinky" lol



I tried asking this question on the Hair section but yall don't go there and I need help from black girls?

I am growing out my hair, too, but I decided to take a more gentle approach. To avoid the shell-shock of going from hair down my back to hair "a snap" long, my stylist is leaving my relaxer on just enough to get a comb through it. It's curly at the root, but manageable, and then I do a roller set with small rollers to disguise the difference in texture. I've gotten a lot compliments and no breakage if you RECONSTRUCT, RECONSTRUCT, RECONSTRUCT (Avalon brand 5 in 1 conditioner, professional product, abt. $25...or any deep conditioner that that says it will give your hair MOISTURE, I like Aussie's Deeeep reconstructor with the purple top) You can do that until you have the nerve to cut it off.



I am in disagreement with most of the posters on the value of braids, from experience, braids weren't good for my hair and made the hair more coarse and resistant, when I took them out; maybe it's just my particular type of hair which I would also describe as "soft kinky!"



And the dreadlocks are just about at limiting as a perm, for when you tire of them, you have to cut them out as well. So, what's the point!



I tried asking this question on the Hair section but yall don't go there and I need help from black girls?

Just grow dreadlocks. It's a natural look and it looks hot on black chicks. Plus, it will save you that 50 bucks that you spend every 2 weeks on perms.



I tried asking this question on the Hair section but yall don't go there and I need help from black girls?

Well eventually you are going to have to cut the perm ends off because your hair will break off if you don't. I suggest to get braids to help speed up the growth process. I went natural 2 years ago and I cut it really short and wore braids for a few months and it grew pretty fast. Just make sure to use the right products such as Olive Oil shampoos, conditioners and oils.



I tried asking this question on the Hair section but yall don't go there and I need help from black girls?

i feel you sista. i cut my hair totally off. the perm made my hair look so bad. eventually it grew back but i used to wear it in a short fro wit a band around it. after that i wore braids. now my hair is to the middle of my back. and im about to get it pressed. check out nappturality.com there are alot of people like you and they encourage you. they also have alot of cute hairstyles.



I tried asking this question on the Hair section but yall don't go there and I need help from black girls?

if you don't cut it, you should braid or wear it in a bun... but you are going to have to cut off the relaxed hair very soon or it will split ends down to your new unrelaxed growth...



since she said she is growing her relaxer out I am assuming that she is trying to get rid of it all together, if that is the case she does not want to put ANY relaxer on her hair at all, and protective styles will work best until she is comfortable with chopping the relaxer out



I tried asking this question on the Hair section but yall don't go there and I need help from black girls?

I did the exact same thing. I've got extensions (braids) at the moment and when my hair gets a bit longer I'll cut off the rest of the relaxed hair. Braids give your hair a chance to grow without being pulled or chemicaled!



I tried asking this question on the Hair section but yall don't go there and I need help from black girls?

Rule #1 for natural hair: Condition, condition, CONDITION!!! Deep conditioners, leave-in conditioners, and all the rest of it! Too much is never enough!!!



Secondly, dual textured hair is going. to. break. off. Just take a deep breath and cut the rest of the perm out of your ends. Natural hair grows faster when you leave it the heck alone, so you will have an easier time growing it out and dealing with it once those ends are gone. And avoid putting any more heat on it. Just leave it alone and it will grow out.



Third, learn how to style natural hair. Individual braids can be too damaging to your scalp, but big cornrows (not too tight) may be a nice summer style. On the other hand, the retro look is totally in right now. Experiment with different natural textured styles (twists?). Sebastian's Wet gel, combined with the oil moisturizer of your choice, is great for giving natural hair a little texture and curl. The bottom line? Get a cute hair cut that will allow you to just grease n' go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan